Thursday, December 8, 2011

How does direct deposit work the first time?

My employer said I'll get paid on the 10th of every month.


The day I got the job I gave her all my banking details (4 weeks ago), and payday is on Thursday. I know that normally direct deposit means that you'll get paid on midnight of that day but since its the very first time i'm doing this I want to know if my money will actually be there on Thursday.|||When you get direct deposit payments, the money is posted into your account as of midnight of the day you are getting paid. In other words if you went to your bank on the 10th at midnight, you should find that the money is there.|||Also remember that the direct deposit will show pending that first day.


You need to wait for it to clear before you can use the funds


Don't set up any bills yet - wait for that check to fully clear

No comments:

Post a Comment