Thursday, December 8, 2011

Is there a specific time your direct deposit is received if you e-rile your taxes? does it come at midnight?

My taxes were accepted by the IRS on February 9, 2009. It says that returns checks are received on Fridays but I checked on "where's my refund?" on IRS.GOV and it said that I should be receiving it on the 17th, which is tomorrow. So.... are refunds paid every friday or could they be paid any day of the week? And with direct deposit.. I was wondering do you get it at midnight like other direct deposits or could it happen any time of the day?|||The IRS sends out tax refunds overnight on Thursday nights. The process typically starts between 6:00 and 8:00 PM Eastern and takes several hours to complete. The IRS pumps them directly into the Federal Reserve Automated Clearing House (ACH) system.





The Fed then relays the funds to the member banks. How long that takes depends upon the size of the data pipe between your bank and "The Fed."





Once the money arrives at your bank it's up to your bank's posting procedures as to when the funds will be available. Some post in real time so you'd typically have your money sometime on Friday.





Others batch process at end-of-day so it would be the next banking day before the money was available to you in our account. For Friday end-of-day processing that would be Monday morning unless Monday is a holiday when it would be Tuesday.|||^^That girl's tax act answer is wrong. Tax act said I was scheduled to recieve mine the 13th but Irs.gov said I would recieve it today. Hopefully it comes around 9am!


I know that the funds are available immediately because it is IRS money|||According to this link, if your taxes were accepted on Feb. 9th, your refund would not be deposited until the 20th.|||Hey man...I need the same answer....My taxes are supposed to be here today as well..but I checked my account and theres nothing there...Im wondering what time its suppose to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment