Monday, December 12, 2011

Why did my Direct Deposit of my paycheck come three days early it always came Monday this time it came Friday?

I work for K-mart we get paid every two weeks. From Day One, i always got my Direct Deposit on Monday every two weeks. This time, i got it on Friday!





Will i now always get my Direct Deposit on Friday, or plan for every 2nd Monday? This is strange.|||This coming Monday is Martin Luther King Jr day in the US. As a Federal Holiday, banks are closed. It sounds like K-Mart moved payday ahead ONE business day because the bank CAN'T process the deposits Monday.





This is NOT strange, and your regular payday has NOT changed.|||If payday falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a holiday, a company will make sure they process the payment earlier.


In your example. Monday is a bank holiday.


So your employer sent out payments a day early...|||Monday is a holiday. A lot of companies push the deposits through early on long weekends.|||I think this is a question you should ask your employer who is responsible for it arriving early.

No comments:

Post a Comment