Monday, December 12, 2011

Every time a deposit bag is short it is written down and the manager then has to pay out of their check.?

My deposit bags are sometimes short a couple of dollars, but here recently one of my bags was short 160 dollars...so when I was paid today they added all the shotages up for the past three months and took it out of my check. They would not give me my check, making me cash it there and only recieving 157.37 out of 463.00. Are employers allowed to do this. I didnt sign anything saying I would be responsible fo shortages.|||It sounds wrong to me......|||It is illegal in Canada but unsure anywhere else. Ask your employer if they are also willing to give you the OVERAGES ??


Chances are if you push the subject they will let you go which, in my opinion, they are trying to do anyways by making you quit in frustration.


Whatever the outcome you should be looking for another job. This outfit sounds like a two bit company anyways.|||Do you happen to work at a convience store? They can not do this legally. I would call your states labor board.


As another poster said a lot of times companies do this becasue they can get away with it due to diffuculties in finding jobs in area, lack of job skills , or just the need for the job.





I was a store manager of convience stores and they told us that if the cashiers didnt pay for drive offs, or cash shortages or we had to write them up and fire them. Well drive off happened and even the best cashier can't prevent them, so I refuse to do this. alot of times they did pay for them . If they are taking money from a bonus pay , you cant do anything. We got paid 1% of all sales except fuel. so my monthly bonuses averages at about 700.00 a month- but they took inventory shortages out of it , all nsf checks , and all cash shortages. I was really good at my job and so were most of my cashiers so it didnt happen alot but it did happen.





Call a laywer- to help you with your states laws.|||Illegal..can't do it.|||If you are the only one handling the cash then you can be held responsible but if anyone else has access then it's against the law to make you pay for said shortages


Even if a contract is signed...against the law to even ask someone to sign thier rights away

No comments:

Post a Comment